Stream 4: Strategy & Organization
A1: Diverse Talent: Alternative perspectives
What consideration is given to how diverse culture and behaviour impacts talent and outcomes. Is your inclusion strategy robust enough to make a sustainable difference?
Drawing on research and extensive experience as a construction sector programme manager championing UK inclusion initiatives and also working on projects in Africa, this interactive session will review and discuss:
– The plurality of diversity: gender and ethnicity
– Socio-cultural maturity vs P3M3® maturity: Europe vs Africa and a more holistic
– Inclusion Framework
To assist delegates create and sustain more inclusive contexts, it will explore some scenarios through participative exercises
– Approaches: The first rung (group exercise)
– Behaviours: Silent stakeholders (group exercise)
– Eureka moments and learning from failure will be assessed as techniques to leverage knowledge and sensitivities.
Dr. Teri Okoro, Independent Programme Management Consultant and Chartered Architect, Director of Toca, Founder of P3M Africa and Former National Chair of WIPM in the UK